New Metro In Serbia
So far, there were only two metro stations that were used by the city rail - the trams.
Siniša Mali, the current Mayor of Belgrade attended the presentation of the project for a subway in Belgrade, writes Beograd.rs. The project was made after an analysis of the existing transport infrastructure in the city.
"Experts have found that only two metro rails are linked to four lines of the city rail to relieve traffick in Belgrade.'' said the Mayor of Belgrade.
According to Mali the new subway will reduce the traffic jumps and open huged opportunities for investment, because it will connect distant parts of the city.
"As this is the only realistic plan, the first metro line will be put into operation by 2022," the mayor added.
- » U.S. Says March 1 'Hard Deadline' For Trade Deal with China
- » German Rail Strikes Cause Widespread Delays
- » B92: "Kosovo is tarnishing European Union's reputation"
- » BREXIT BETRAYAL MARCH: Thousands March Through London Demanding HARD Brexit
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
- » Heather Nauert Expected to Replace Nikki Haley as U.N. Ambassador