New Metro In Serbia
So far, there were only two metro stations that were used by the city rail - the trams.
Siniša Mali, the current Mayor of Belgrade attended the presentation of the project for a subway in Belgrade, writes Beograd.rs. The project was made after an analysis of the existing transport infrastructure in the city.
"Experts have found that only two metro rails are linked to four lines of the city rail to relieve traffick in Belgrade.'' said the Mayor of Belgrade.
According to Mali the new subway will reduce the traffic jumps and open huged opportunities for investment, because it will connect distant parts of the city.
"As this is the only realistic plan, the first metro line will be put into operation by 2022," the mayor added.
- » 5 Longest Hunger Strikes In History
- » Ukrainian Filmmaker Sentsov Enters Day 100 of Hunger Strike
- » Economic Crisis and the Long Shadow of European Youth Unemployment
- » Multiple Rockets Hit Afghan Capital Kabul, Clashes Underway
- » NASA Astronaut Showed an Amazing Photo of the Black Sea from Space
- » Car ‘Mounts Pavement Ploughing into Pedestrians’ in Spain