Meteorologists are Protesting About the Distribution of 2018 Subsidy
Employees of the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) protest against the allocation of the agency's subsidy for 2018. The NIMH protests against the unfair distribution of the budget subsidy for 2018 by the board council of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, which threatens the functioning of the national hydrometeorological service ". Currently, a black screen message welcomes anyone who wants to visit the official website of NIMH.
In a statement of the General Assembly of Scientists from NIMH-BAS and the directors of branches, adopted at the beginning of April, it is noted that "... the budget subsidy is below the critical minimum for the normal functioning of the NIMH activities because it will lead to resignation of specialists ". Scientists note that they are ready to take "adequate forms of protest" as a last resort to rescue their activities.
- » Around 500 Bulgarian Doctors Leave the Country every Year
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » Bulgaria Reports Bird Flu Outbreak on Two Farms in South
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Foreign Affairs Minister: Bulgarians in the UK have Nothing to Worry About
- » Children Opened an Exhibition of Tolerance in Bulgaria’s Parliament