Meteorologists are Protesting About the Distribution of 2018 Subsidy
Employees of the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) protest against the allocation of the agency's subsidy for 2018. The NIMH protests against the unfair distribution of the budget subsidy for 2018 by the board council of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, which threatens the functioning of the national hydrometeorological service ". Currently, a black screen message welcomes anyone who wants to visit the official website of NIMH.
In a statement of the General Assembly of Scientists from NIMH-BAS and the directors of branches, adopted at the beginning of April, it is noted that "... the budget subsidy is below the critical minimum for the normal functioning of the NIMH activities because it will lead to resignation of specialists ". Scientists note that they are ready to take "adequate forms of protest" as a last resort to rescue their activities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Government of Bulgaria will Allocate BGN 600,000 for the Rila Monastery
- » WHO: Be Careful, This is Still a Killer Virus, after Claim by Italian Doctor
- » The Weather Today - June 2nd
- » 19 New Cases of Coronavirus in Bulgaria, Total: 2538 on June 2
- » Bulgarians Celebrate the Day of Hristo Botev and Fights for Freedom and Independence of Bulgaria
- » The Notre-Dame Cathedral Can be Seen for the First Time Since Last Year