Municipality Officials Want to Pay a Fine Imposed on the Chief Architect of Sofia
213.11 leva - is the amount every municipal councilor should give in order to pay a fine imposed on the chief architect of the city Zdravko Zdravkov. The idea is from the chairman of the Sofia Municipal Council, Elena Gerdjikov, tells bTV.
The sanction imposed by the Supreme Administrative Court to Zdravko Zdravkov is because of a garden. Following a municipal council decision and protests, he refused to allow a construction of a 44-storey skyscraper in its place.
"He has been fined because he has complied with the law and a series of Sofia Council decisions," said Elena Gerdjikov.
Most municipal councilors tend to respond to Gerdjikova's idea and give 200 leva.
But the dispute over the garden is ongoing at the moment, although it is a green area under urban planning, now the place is fenced and can not really be used.
The construction company remind that they had bought the parcel with high-rise building in mind in 2007 and paid 4 million leva.
The Chief Architect was fined because he did not execute a court decision in 2016 in their favor, with which the Sofia Council's decision was declared null and void.
The construction company is not giving up and whether the municipal councilors will pay the fine of architect Zdravkov in solidarity will be clear on Thursday.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor