Ministers Vote on the Amount of University Fees
The government will vote on the amount of application and study fees at state universities for the next academic year.
17 universities will probably maintain their current fees. Among them are the medical universities in Sofia and Varna, NATFIZ, the National Sports Academy, UNWE.
16 other schools are subject to an increase in tuition fees. For example, the Sofia University will increase the price of education in the specialties of psychology, law and philology, and at the University of Plovdiv will increase the fees for the specialties Tourism, Economics, Mathematics and Informatics.
Fees for some specialties in Sofia University will actually decrease - from 200 to 550 leva will be reduced the amount paid for full-time and part-time training in Physics and specialty Nuclear Chemistry.
At today's meeting, the cabinet will also approve additional funds for the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Defense.
- » Shortage of Teachers in Bulgaria will Reach 10,000 in 2 Years, 39,000 in 8 Years
- » The Medical University in Sofia Received a Donation of over 1 Million Dollars
- » Additional BGN 13.6 Million Allocated for Compensation of Bulgarian Teaching Staff
- » Plovdiv will Create First Green Classrooms in Bulgaria as Part of Pilot Project
- » Anticorruption Education at Bulgarian Schools to be Expanded
- » Bulgarian Education Minister: Nearly BGN 1.5 Million will be Allocated for Innovation in 2019