The Airports in Varna and Burgas Expect over 5 Million Passengers this Summer
This summer, airport traffic in Varna and Bourgas is expected to increase by 10% and reach over five million passengers. 19 new airlines enter the summer schedule of the two airports, which will serve a total of 20 destinations.
This year, most passengers from Russia, Germany, Great Britain and Poland are expected to be at airports in Varna and Burgas. As the interest of British and Polish tourists to Bulgaria is growing.
Adriana Troanska - Chief of Public Relations at Varna Airport:
"Last year, the largest tourist growth was reported from Poland with a 70% increase. This year we expect this growth to be 30-40%. "
By the end of the summer, two million passengers are expected to be at Varna Airport and three million passengers are at Burgas Airport. Besides the known destinations to Germany, Britain, Austria and France, there will be flights to Israel and to Egypt.
"11 new airlines will start flights at Varna airport and will serve 6 destinations. Bourgas Airport will launch a total of 8 new airlines, serving 14 destinations. "
- » Ravadinovo Castle Voted Bulgaria’s Tourist Attraction of 2018
- » In 2017, 1.043 billion passengers traveled by air in the European Union
- » Bulgaria Develops as Year-Round Tourist Destination
- » Where to Go in January and February
- » Ministry of Tourism Turns all of its Services Online
- » Bulgaria Air Stopped its Flights To and From Odessa