The Airports in Varna and Burgas Expect over 5 Million Passengers this Summer
This summer, airport traffic in Varna and Bourgas is expected to increase by 10% and reach over five million passengers. 19 new airlines enter the summer schedule of the two airports, which will serve a total of 20 destinations.
This year, most passengers from Russia, Germany, Great Britain and Poland are expected to be at airports in Varna and Burgas. As the interest of British and Polish tourists to Bulgaria is growing.
Adriana Troanska - Chief of Public Relations at Varna Airport:
"Last year, the largest tourist growth was reported from Poland with a 70% increase. This year we expect this growth to be 30-40%. "
By the end of the summer, two million passengers are expected to be at Varna Airport and three million passengers are at Burgas Airport. Besides the known destinations to Germany, Britain, Austria and France, there will be flights to Israel and to Egypt.
"11 new airlines will start flights at Varna airport and will serve 6 destinations. Bourgas Airport will launch a total of 8 new airlines, serving 14 destinations. "
- » Tourism Minister: The Summer for Bulgarian Tourism will Be Challenging
- » Sofia Airport Grows Passenger Traffic with 5.2% this February
- » Bulgaria’s Black Sea Hotels and Restaurants Seek to Hire Seasonal Workers
- » Foreign Tourists in Varna During the Winter - Mainly Romanians, Israelis, Germans and Turks
- » About 70 000 Bulgarians Chose Holiday Cruises for their Vacation
- » China's Jiangxi Province Promotes Culture, Tourism in Bulgaria