175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
There is a double increase of detained migrants at the state border in March compared to February this year, according to data from the Ministry of Interior.
A total of 175 people without registration were detained at the entrance, at the exit and inside the country. In the first two weeks of April, there is also an increasing flow of people. Although there is an increase, the data show that there is still no room for pressure as it did in 2015 and 2016 at the same time.
Since the beginning of 2018, 356 people have been arrested, and for the same period in 2017, they were over 700. The State Agency for Refugees reports that more than 80 people have applied for refugee status. The Agency has granted this status to 8 people. In 2017, the EU sheltered more than 538,000 refugees, with 60% of the shelters granted by Germany. The number of refugees is lower by about a quarter compared to 2016. 24 000 migrants were displaced from the quotas adopted in the EU.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene