175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
There is a double increase of detained migrants at the state border in March compared to February this year, according to data from the Ministry of Interior.
A total of 175 people without registration were detained at the entrance, at the exit and inside the country. In the first two weeks of April, there is also an increasing flow of people. Although there is an increase, the data show that there is still no room for pressure as it did in 2015 and 2016 at the same time.
Since the beginning of 2018, 356 people have been arrested, and for the same period in 2017, they were over 700. The State Agency for Refugees reports that more than 80 people have applied for refugee status. The Agency has granted this status to 8 people. In 2017, the EU sheltered more than 538,000 refugees, with 60% of the shelters granted by Germany. The number of refugees is lower by about a quarter compared to 2016. 24 000 migrants were displaced from the quotas adopted in the EU.
- » Brazil shooting: Five Dead as Gunman Opens Fire in Cathedral
- » France Raises Terror Alert Level as Police Search For Gunman Who Killed Three at Christmas Market
- » Four Detained in Bulgaria for Human Trafficking
- » Building on Facebook Campus in California Evacuated Due to Bomb Threat
- » Gunman Kills at Least Four People in French Christmas Market
- » American Promoter was Arrested for Appropriation of $ 750,000 for a Charity Concert in Bulgaria