PM Borisov is Opposed to the Return of Smoking to Establishments
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov announced he is opposed to the return of the division in establishments of smoking area and non-smoking saloon.
"We at GERB are convinced and we have backed up all the actions involved in the fight against smoking that damages human health. This will be my opinion if the topic is set. Meanwhile this is his opinion (Valery Simeonov on his suggestion to abolish the complete ban on smoking in the restaurants), he expressed it. We have not spoken, but that does not mean that he can not have an opinion. Democracy is pluralism of opinions - I support this, "he said at a conference on the presentation of results of checks on smuggling of cigarettes.
The prime minister congratulated the institutions for their job in the fight against the smuggling of cigarettes.
"We can assure that in all spheres of the fight against smuggling and corruption we are relentless. For two and a half years, it is precisely this lasting trend, as the reduction of foreign debt, "he said.
With the proceeds from the fight against cigarette smuggling, various European policies, including the Cohesion Policy, could be pursued, Borisov said. Concerning short-term measures to tackle smuggling of cigarettes in the country, Borisov has assured that measures will be taken, among which markets will have more policemen.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Dismisses FSC Deputy Chair
- » Normal Traffic on Sofia "Bulgaria" Boulevard will be Resumed on September 10
- » Ralitsa Agayn, FSC: Average Loss for Bulgarians Insured by Olympic will be BGN 200
- » Challenges for Bulgarian Residential Construction
- » Sofia Mayor: Rosarium Repair and Restoration in Boris Garden has Started
- » 11 Foreign Citizens Detained in Police Operation in Sofia