National Library Plans to Attract Young Readers via Digitisation
Digitisation and easing the access to the book stock are key priorities for attracting young readers, Tsvetanka Tomova, Programmes and Projects expert at the National Library, told Focus Radio.
The library is planning a series of activities this summer, including a programme for its 140th anniversary. Tsvetanka Tomova spoke about the work on various projects, such as creating an accessible environment for disadvantaged visitors and staff, a restoration of the lab and the purchase of modern digitisation techniques, and a contemporary presentation of the book heritage with virtual exhibitions and holographic books to attract young people.
Meanwhile, the storage conditions in the library are still not in line with the requirements. The main tasks involve improvements to obsolete building parts, especially the roof, the expert said.
- » Announcing the American Film Institute AWARDS 2018 Honorees
- » Mariya Gabriel will Present the Project "Evening of the European Cinema"
- » Bulgarian Graphics are Displayed in the most Prestigious Museum in China
- » UNESCO Adds Reggae Music to Global Cultural Heritage List
- » Picture of Renoir Was Stolen in Brazen Theft Ahead of Auction in Vienna
- » Mikhail Baryshnikov Comes To Sofia Opera and Ballet! (Video)