Council of Europe Presented a Migration Report on Bulgaria
The Council of Europe today presented a report on migrants and refugees, dedicated to Bulgaria. Account is taken of the efforts made by our country to overcome the challenges of the large migration flows.
The document states that migrants hardly reach our country from Turkey and are hardly receiving international protection. According to the report, Bulgaria make efforts refugees' children to go to school, but the entry of foreigners into the local community remains hampered by the lack of an obligation on municipalities to do so. A "general negative attitude towards migrants and refugees" is reported in Bulgaria.
The Council of Europe notes that it is necessary for our country to provide migrants with more information on their asylum rights, as well as translation and legal assistance when passing through relevant procedures. It is clarified that for the preparation of the report a representative of the Council of Europe was in our country in November last year to visit migrant centers and to talk with the authorities and local NGOs.
- » Police Found 6 Tons of Amphetamine at a Port in Varna, Bulgarian Seaside
- » Large Tree Fell on a Car on a Busy Street in Plovdiv
- » Hail and Rain in Lovech, Firefighters Pull up Cars
- » Another 12 Hospitals in Bulgaria Are Facing Bankruptcy, Ombudsman Maya Manolova Said
- » Counter Campaign: Publishing House Asks if we Value Gambling more than Culture (Video)
- » On 24 May Balchik Opens a Monument to Cyril and Methodius