Removal of Illegal Establishments in Sunny Beach Continues
The removal of illegal movable establishments on the beach of Sunny Beach-North continues. Two more sites have been removed, which have existed in violation of the approved scheme for affixing beachfront sites.
The Amigo bar, with an area of 350 square meters, was voluntarily removed, it was located in front of the Bellevue Hotel, in violation of the scheme approved by the Minister of Tourism, the Ministry of Tourism announced. There was also a Terra (400 square meter) restaurant located in front of the Palace Hotel and working in contradiction with the contractual relationship.
Previously, the 400-square-foot Stela di marre restaurant was also destroyed, as well as the Bubles Bar & Restaurant, about 400 square meters, located in front of Glarus Hotel and not far from Chaika Hotel.
Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelova suspended the concession on Sunny Beach-North Beach after it was found over 8000 square meters of relocating sites that exceeded the approved for their deployment scheme. At the Minister's inspection in February this year it was found that more than 190 illegal sites had already been destroyed. Clearance of some of the sites was delayed due to the beginning of the active summer season. Checks on the rigorous implementation of rental and concession contracts on beaches continue.
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Foreign Tourist Arrivals Grows 9.7% in the First Half of 2018
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: For this Summer Season we Expect Growth of 5%
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 6.5% y/y
- » Over 3.6 Million Tourists in Bulgaria in just Six Months
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We Make a Commitment to Tighten Requirements for Tour Operators
- » Veliko Tarnovo: Over 203,000 Tourists Visit Local Museums in the First 6 Months of the Year