Kate Middleton Gives Birth to 3rd Baby
The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a baby boy – on St George's Day – with Prince William by her side.
Kensington Palace tweeted at 1pm: "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 1101hrs.
"The baby weighs 8lbs 7oz.
"The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth.
"Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well."
Kate fell into the early stages of labour in the early hours of this morning and was taken to hospital.
The world's media descended on the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in London to await the imminent arrival.
It was expected the birth would come soon, with Kate being in hospital with Prince George for 24 hours, and with Princess Charlotte in just 10 hours.
The birth comes just weeks before they are due to attend Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding at Windsor Castle on May 19.
The baby now becomes fifth in line to the throne, meaning Prince Harry drops down to sixth.
- » Oscar Nominations Announcement
- » The Last Song of Linkin Park Vocalist Chester Bennington Comes Out
- » Game of Thrones Final Season Now has a Premiere Date and New Teaser
- » Why Playing Online for Real Money is so Appealing
- » Actress Nina Dobrev is in Bulgaria for Christmas
- » Chanel Is Banning Exotic Skins: Here's Why