Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
On Saturday, a joint action of the Ministry of Environment and Water, Regional Inspectorate of Environment and Waters - Smolyan and the Four Paws Foundation saved three bears found near the road near the Rhodopian village of Barutin, near the Dospat Dam. The bears are at a very tender age and were without their mother, which forced their urgent accommodation in the Dancing Bears Park near Belitsa.
Yesterday the bears were examined by a veterinarian.
According to Dimitar Ivanov, manager of Four Paws and the Bridget Bardo Rescue Center Foundation, the three bears are very stressed because of their premature separation from the mother:
"They were alone 24-hours, not eating or taking liquids during that time. Our experience shows that in more than 90% of the cases of found bears in the wild, the mother is chased or shot by poachers. Growing orphaned bears by humans is extremely difficult, but we will nevertheless do our best to save them. "
The three bears are about three months old. The Four Paws specialists have begun feeding them with goat milk, which is closest to the bears', adding vitamins to it. Two of the bears are male and one female. The largest bear is the female bear weighing over 3 kg, and the worries of the caretakers and doctors in the Dancing Bears Park are related to the smallest bear weighing less than 2 kg.
- » NIMH: Maximum Temperatures between 8C and 13C, Rain in the Evening
- » A 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded Off the Coast of the Philippines
- » Code Yellow Warning for Strong Winds Issued for 24 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Drop in Temperatures, we can Expect Rain and Snow
- » Luxembourg Becomes the First Country in the World with Free Public Transport
- » A 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shook Indonesia's Tanimbar Region