The Population in the Bulgarian Capital is Growing Steadily, with more than 1.2 Million People Living in Sofia
Five district centers have increased the number of their residents last year. Kardzhali joined Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Plovdiv and Sofia, which increased their population in 2016. This shows a BTA survey of population data on cities of 31 December 2017 of the National Statistical Institute.
According to the report, out of a total of 257 Bulgarian cities, only 25 have increased their population in the past year, compared to 23 in the year before. In the remaining 232 cities the population decreases with a different number of people, the data show. Last year the Bulgarian cities, whose population is less than 1000 people, are increasing by one. In the group of Melnik, Madzharovo, Pliska, Kiten and Klisura is now also Brusarci.
According to data in 2017, the largest increase in population was registered in Sofia. The number of residents in the capital has increased by 2391 compared to the previous year and reached 1 238 438 people. After Sofia, the biggest increase in the population is in Plovdiv1789, with the town under the hills already having a population of 345 213.
- » Luxembourg is Set to Become the First Country in the World to Offer Free Public Transport
- » Cloudy with Precipitations, Falling Temperatures, Highs Between 3° and 8°C
- » Brown Bear and Her Little One was Shot by Camera in the Area of Vitosha
- » Bulgarian Beekeepers Go on a Protest
- » Ukip Brexit 'Betrayal' March 'Outnumbered' by Counter-protesters
- » 168 Chasa: Bulgaria has been Taking Italy and UK's Waste for 12 Months