Earthquake Measuring 4.9 on the Richter Scale in Greece
An earthquake measuring 4.9 on the Richter scale was registered in Greece last night. The epicenter of the earthquake was in the Aegean Sea, 95 kilometers southeast of Thessaloniki.
The National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography (NIGGG) said the earthquake was not felt in Bulgaria.
The tremor was recorded at 3:20 am on Saturday at a depth of 10 kilometers. The epicenter is 95 km southeast of Thessaloniki and 3 km southeast of the town of Pefkochori. At 4:34 am, was felt a second earthquake with magnitude 4.1 on Richter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Southwestern Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun in the East, Rain in the West
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Yellow Code for Rainfall and Thunderstorms has been announced for half of Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West