Earthquake Measuring 4.9 on the Richter Scale in Greece
An earthquake measuring 4.9 on the Richter scale was registered in Greece last night. The epicenter of the earthquake was in the Aegean Sea, 95 kilometers southeast of Thessaloniki.
The National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography (NIGGG) said the earthquake was not felt in Bulgaria.
The tremor was recorded at 3:20 am on Saturday at a depth of 10 kilometers. The epicenter is 95 km southeast of Thessaloniki and 3 km southeast of the town of Pefkochori. At 4:34 am, was felt a second earthquake with magnitude 4.1 on Richter.
- » A 5.4 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in France - there Are Injured
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny with Brief Rain
- » 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Guatemala
- » Fires Have Killed Half the Koalas from a Reserve in Australia
- » 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Struck Samoa
- » Japan Allocates $ 1.2 Billion to Typhoon-Affected Areas