Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
Iraqi woman was captured today at the Ruse-Giurgiu border checkpoint while attempting to enter illegally into Romania with a British passport, Agency Agerpres reported, citing the Territorial Inspectorate of the Romanian border police.
The woman attempted to cross the border with a car, but the border police officers found that the document she had submitted belonged to another person.
After a further check, the Romanian authorities found that it was a citizen of Iraq at the age of 31. She said she had acquired the British passport in Sofia for the sum of 2300 euros. Her ultimate goal was England, where she wanted to work.
The woman was handed over to the Bulgarian authorities under the Romanian-Bulgarian protocol on border co-operation to continue the investigation, BTA reports.
- » Blagoevgrad: Four Charged over Attempted Robbery in Rozhen Monastery
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Driver Transporting 16 illegal Migrants
- » Three Injured After Car Ploughs Into Pedestrians in London
- » Bulgarian Arrested In Curaçao For Extradition to Germany
- » Robbery in Rozhen Monastery
- » A Policeman was Shot in Sofia