Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
Iraqi woman was captured today at the Ruse-Giurgiu border checkpoint while attempting to enter illegally into Romania with a British passport, Agency Agerpres reported, citing the Territorial Inspectorate of the Romanian border police.
The woman attempted to cross the border with a car, but the border police officers found that the document she had submitted belonged to another person.
After a further check, the Romanian authorities found that it was a citizen of Iraq at the age of 31. She said she had acquired the British passport in Sofia for the sum of 2300 euros. Her ultimate goal was England, where she wanted to work.
The woman was handed over to the Bulgarian authorities under the Romanian-Bulgarian protocol on border co-operation to continue the investigation, BTA reports.
- » 18-Year-Old Raped and Suffocated a 70-Year-Old Woman in the town of White Church
- » Huawei Executive Faces US Fraud Charges Linked to Iran
- » CNN's New York Offices Evacuated Due to Bomb Threat
- » Pazardzhik Woman Suffocated after Being Tied with Sisal Rope
- » The Police Found a Record Number of Weapons and Ammunition in a Garage in Sofia
- » Tax Inspector has been Caught with a 15,000 leva Bribe in Sofia