Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
Iraqi woman was captured today at the Ruse-Giurgiu border checkpoint while attempting to enter illegally into Romania with a British passport, Agency Agerpres reported, citing the Territorial Inspectorate of the Romanian border police.
The woman attempted to cross the border with a car, but the border police officers found that the document she had submitted belonged to another person.
After a further check, the Romanian authorities found that it was a citizen of Iraq at the age of 31. She said she had acquired the British passport in Sofia for the sum of 2300 euros. Her ultimate goal was England, where she wanted to work.
The woman was handed over to the Bulgarian authorities under the Romanian-Bulgarian protocol on border co-operation to continue the investigation, BTA reports.
- » Quadruple Murder in Western Bulgaria
- » A Hacker Attack Hit the Australian Parliament
- » Imitation of "Nova Brasilia" Coffee Brand Led to a Fine of 2.57 Million in Bulgaria
- » BBC Investigation: Bulgarian Runs a Network for Fighting and Trading Dogs
- » More than 10 People were Detained in Operation by of GDBOP and National Security in Blagoevgrad
- » Masked and Armed Man Robbed a Bank Branch in Sofia