Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
Iraqi woman was captured today at the Ruse-Giurgiu border checkpoint while attempting to enter illegally into Romania with a British passport, Agency Agerpres reported, citing the Territorial Inspectorate of the Romanian border police.
The woman attempted to cross the border with a car, but the border police officers found that the document she had submitted belonged to another person.
After a further check, the Romanian authorities found that it was a citizen of Iraq at the age of 31. She said she had acquired the British passport in Sofia for the sum of 2300 euros. Her ultimate goal was England, where she wanted to work.
The woman was handed over to the Bulgarian authorities under the Romanian-Bulgarian protocol on border co-operation to continue the investigation, BTA reports.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits