Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
Iraqi woman was captured today at the Ruse-Giurgiu border checkpoint while attempting to enter illegally into Romania with a British passport, Agency Agerpres reported, citing the Territorial Inspectorate of the Romanian border police.
The woman attempted to cross the border with a car, but the border police officers found that the document she had submitted belonged to another person.
After a further check, the Romanian authorities found that it was a citizen of Iraq at the age of 31. She said she had acquired the British passport in Sofia for the sum of 2300 euros. Her ultimate goal was England, where she wanted to work.
The woman was handed over to the Bulgarian authorities under the Romanian-Bulgarian protocol on border co-operation to continue the investigation, BTA reports.
- » Police Took Down a Drug Trafficking Network in Europe, 11 Arrested
- » Pirates Abducted 19 Members of a Greek Tanker
- » Polish Customs Officers Seized Cocaine for Half a Billion Euro in Poland
- » Computer Scammers Have Stolen Tens of Millions from over 47 Companies Worldwide
- » Six Romanians Were Accused of Raping their Own Children
- » Europol Has Shut Down over 30,000 Web Pages for Intellectual Property Infringement