Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
More than 11% is the growth of the revenues from international tourism for the period December 2017 - February 2018. Thus, the receipts for most of the winter season reach almost 796 million BGN. This is clear from the latest BNB data, the Ministry of Tourism announced.
The results are proof of the sustainable development of the sector in Bulgaria, comments Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova. And he added that the report confirms the forecast for growth rates between 5 and 10 per cent during the winter season. The minister also pointed out that such an achievement would be a serious success for our country, because the season 2016/2017 was the most successful for the winter tourism since Bulgaria's accession to the EU.
Between December 2017 and February 2018, the total number of tourist visits to foreigners in Bulgaria is over 1.250 million, the increase being by 12.2% compared to December 2016 - February 2017.
In the first two months of this year the revenues from international travel in the country amounted to BGN 513 million. The increase compared to the same period in 2017 is 10%. With 14.6 per cent, revenue has increased only from nights spent by tourists in accommodation places with 10 or more beds in the first two months of 2018 compared to this year a year earlier.
- » Ravadinovo Castle Voted Bulgaria’s Tourist Attraction of 2018
- » In 2017, 1.043 billion passengers traveled by air in the European Union
- » Bulgaria Develops as Year-Round Tourist Destination
- » Where to Go in January and February
- » Ministry of Tourism Turns all of its Services Online
- » Bulgaria Air Stopped its Flights To and From Odessa