Dozens Injured in Train Accident in Austria
Up to 40 people were injured, most of them lightly, when two train carriages collided in the Austrian city of Salzburg on Friday, rescuers and the rail company said.
"Shortly before the departure of the train, which links Zurich to Vienna, two carriages collided for unknown reasons," fire service official Reinhold Ortler told O1 radio.
A spokesman for Austria's national rail company OBB said 35 to 40 people were injured in the night train accident.
The Red Cross said most of the wounded had only suffered light injuries.
The train was not moving and the accident occurred as two carriages were being coupled together./ www.enca.com
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Young Doctor from Sofia's Emergency Aid Dies of COVID-19
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas