Dozens Injured in Train Accident in Austria
Up to 40 people were injured, most of them lightly, when two train carriages collided in the Austrian city of Salzburg on Friday, rescuers and the rail company said.
"Shortly before the departure of the train, which links Zurich to Vienna, two carriages collided for unknown reasons," fire service official Reinhold Ortler told O1 radio.
A spokesman for Austria's national rail company OBB said 35 to 40 people were injured in the night train accident.
The Red Cross said most of the wounded had only suffered light injuries.
The train was not moving and the accident occurred as two carriages were being coupled together./ www.enca.com
- » 100 Tonnes of Sunflower Seed Destroyed by Fire in Silo in Varna
- » Hawaiian Airplane Fills with Smoke Shortly before Landing, Seven Passenger Are Injured
- » Dead and Missing People after Landslides in Southwest China
- » BBC: Baby Dolphin Death Causes Dismay in Bulgaria
- » The Landfill Fire in Karlovo has been Contained
- » Wildfire in Forest near Sofia Area Broke out Again, Urgent Call for Volunteers