Prosecutor Office to Reveal Details of the Case with the Detained Policemen in Rakovski
More details are expected today about the detention of policemen in Rakovski. The promise of a press conference came from Deputy District Prosecutor of Plovdiv Galina Andreeva.
Yesterday it became clear that police officers from the Rakovski District Police Department were detained, according to unconfirmed information among them was the head of the local police station Georgi Iliev. The Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry, Senior Commissioner Mladen Marinov, said that an operation was being carried out and that it was carried out by "Internal Security" at the Ministry.
Andreeva confirmed this information and was laconic in terms of details. She said policemen were arrested for corruption offenses.
According to NOVA, detainees are three or virtually half of the city's police. The arrest of police officers came after an investigation into two other police officers from Plovdiv who were arrested last year. They were investigated for an armed robbery of smuggled cigarettes worth about 300,000 leva.
Georgi Iliev headed the police station in Rakovski in the summer of 2016. He joined the Ministry of Interior in 2002 as an intelligence officer at the Fifth District Administration in Plovdiv. In 2011, he was appointed Chief of the Criminal Police Group to the Road Crime Sector.
- » Record for Bulgaria: Family Gave EUR 40,000 to Phone Scammers
- » Vandals Cut 29 Newly Planted Trees on Sofia's Ring Road
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop
- » Ministry of Interior Busted a Drug Lab near Varna
- » 18-year-old Girl Beaten by her Boyfriend in Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills more than 100 at Pakistan Election Rally