Eurostat: Bulgaria Provided Asylum mainly to Syrians in 2017
Last year, 90 per cent of asylum-seekers in Bulgaria were Syrians, according to Eurostat data provided by the European Commission.
A total of 1530 Syrian citizens have received protection in our country, as well as 110 Iraqis and two stateless persons. In Bulgaria last year 1705 approvals were issued for applications for international protection, 800 of which were for asylum. Of 4740 applications last year, Bulgaria approved 1695 or 36 per cent.
In the EU in 2017, 538,120 foreigners received protection and this is a drop by 25 per cent compared to data for 2016. 24 000 migrants were displaced from EC quotas.
- » Italy Flash Flood Kills at Least 11 Hikers in Tourist Spot as Rescuers Search Gorge for Survivors
- » Eurostat: Every Third Bulgarian has Traveled for Tourism once a Year
- » Mostly Sunny Weather Today, Rain Showers Forecast in West and Central Bulgaria after Noon
- » Worst Anthrax Outbreak in 20 Years Hits French Farms
- » The Fire Near Karlovo Should be Completely Extinguished within a Week
- » The Bulgarian Health Minister Orders Inspections in Sliven Hospital