The First Informal Meeting of EU Energy Ministers is Held in Sofia
The first informal meeting of energy ministers from the European Union is held today in Sofia. The event is part of the calendar of the Bulgarian Euro-Presidency. Special guest is Commissioner for Energy and Climate Change Miguel Kate, and the meeting will be headed by Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova.
The main topic of the meeting will be the future legislative package on clean energy. Although decisions taken today are not legally binding, they will serve as the basis for future legislative amendments. Europe has set itself the goal of eliminating all polluting power.
Bulgaria is affected by this process because three of our main coal-fired power plants in the Maritsa coal basin can not meet the first set criteria that will come into effect from 2019. Because of this, our country is negotiating a deferment until new rules.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects
- » Bulgaria Will Apply For EUR 500 Million of EU for Supporting 60/40 Measure
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Quarantine and PCR Tests for Bulgarians in Several EU countries
- » EC: New Notification by Bulgaria is Required for Construction of Belene NPP