The First Informal Meeting of EU Energy Ministers is Held in Sofia
The first informal meeting of energy ministers from the European Union is held today in Sofia. The event is part of the calendar of the Bulgarian Euro-Presidency. Special guest is Commissioner for Energy and Climate Change Miguel Kate, and the meeting will be headed by Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova.
The main topic of the meeting will be the future legislative package on clean energy. Although decisions taken today are not legally binding, they will serve as the basis for future legislative amendments. Europe has set itself the goal of eliminating all polluting power.
Bulgaria is affected by this process because three of our main coal-fired power plants in the Maritsa coal basin can not meet the first set criteria that will come into effect from 2019. Because of this, our country is negotiating a deferment until new rules.
- » The Deadline For Submission of Applications For Belene NPP Expires
- » EU Wants to Ban Australia from Using "Bulgarian Rose Oil" Signature Name
- » Bulgaria is the First Country in Europe to Introduce Car Passports
- » Bulgaria to Decide Eurovision 2020 Participation in September.
- » Bulgaria and EU Share Road Funding
- » Bulgarian Parliament's New Website will Cost BGN 25 000