Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
An earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale was registered in the southern Iranian province of Bushehr, there is a nuclear power plant nearby, Reuters reported, referring to state television.
According to the Geophysical Institute of the United States, the quake was 5.5 magnitude. It is registered this morning about 100 kilometers east of the town of Bushehr, according to Associated Press.
Near the city is Bushehr NPP - the only nuclear power plant in Iran. State TV did not report damage to the headquarters.
So far there is no evidence of injuries or material damage.
The earthquake was felt in Bahrain and other parts in the Persian Gulf.
- » Mostly Sunshine, Almost no Rain Today in Bulgaria
- » Variable Clouds Over the Country, Highs Between 2°C and 7°C
- » Cloudy Skies over East and Mountain Areas, Snow in Northeast Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian App Measures Harmful Emissions of Each Car Journey
- » Difficult Road Conditions in Southwest Bulgaria because of Snow
- » There will be no Snow for Christmas in Bulgaria, Predicts a Climatologist