Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
An earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale was registered in the southern Iranian province of Bushehr, there is a nuclear power plant nearby, Reuters reported, referring to state television.
According to the Geophysical Institute of the United States, the quake was 5.5 magnitude. It is registered this morning about 100 kilometers east of the town of Bushehr, according to Associated Press.
Near the city is Bushehr NPP - the only nuclear power plant in Iran. State TV did not report damage to the headquarters.
So far there is no evidence of injuries or material damage.
The earthquake was felt in Bahrain and other parts in the Persian Gulf.
- » India Warns of 'Extremely Grave' Crisis as Flood Toll Rises
- » Scientists Detail Full Genome of Wheat for First Time
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with some Rain and Thunder in West Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria will have Good Grape Harvest if Weather Remains Hot
- » Mostly Sunny with Nearly Unchanged Temperatures, Highs of 30-35°C
- » Brace for Extra-warm Weather through 2022