Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
An earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale was registered in the southern Iranian province of Bushehr, there is a nuclear power plant nearby, Reuters reported, referring to state television.
According to the Geophysical Institute of the United States, the quake was 5.5 magnitude. It is registered this morning about 100 kilometers east of the town of Bushehr, according to Associated Press.
Near the city is Bushehr NPP - the only nuclear power plant in Iran. State TV did not report damage to the headquarters.
So far there is no evidence of injuries or material damage.
The earthquake was felt in Bahrain and other parts in the Persian Gulf.
- » Тhe Global Sea Level Is Rising Faster than Expected
- » Alaska Set a Record High Temperature and a Record Amount of Snowfall in the Same Day
- » Weather Forecast: Foggy and Cloudy
- » The Dirtiest Air in the World Is in New Delhi
- » Brussels Increases the Fine for Throwing a Cigarette Butt from 50 to 200 Euros
- » Greenland's Largest Airport Is Closing due to Climate Change