UK Broadcast Regulator to Investigate RT
UK broadcast regulator Ofcom has opened seven new investigations into the due impartiality of news and current affairs programmes on the RT news channel.
The investigations form part of an Ofcom update into the licences held by TV Novosti, the company that broadcasts RT.
Until recently, TV Novosti’s overall compliance record has not been materially out of line with other broadcasters, says Ofcom.
However, since the events in Salisbury, it has observed a significant increase in the number of programmes on the RT service that warrant investigation as potential breaches of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
Ofcom will announce the outcome of these investigations as soon as possible. In relation to its fit and proper duty, it will consider all relevant new evidence, including the outcome of these investigations and the future conduct of the licensee.
- » Series of Attacks in Churches and Hotels in Sri Lanka over Easter, the Victims are over 100
- » Catholics and Armenians Цelebrate the Resurrection of Christ
- » Mogherini: In June, North Macedonia and Albania will Start Negotiations with the EU
- » Scientists have Discovered the Earliest Molecule in the Universe
- » The US and China Want to Sign the Trade Agreement By the End of May
- » The EP: Stronger EU Borders With a New Standing Corps of 10000 Border Guards