UK Broadcast Regulator to Investigate RT
UK broadcast regulator Ofcom has opened seven new investigations into the due impartiality of news and current affairs programmes on the RT news channel.
The investigations form part of an Ofcom update into the licences held by TV Novosti, the company that broadcasts RT.
Until recently, TV Novosti’s overall compliance record has not been materially out of line with other broadcasters, says Ofcom.
However, since the events in Salisbury, it has observed a significant increase in the number of programmes on the RT service that warrant investigation as potential breaches of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
Ofcom will announce the outcome of these investigations as soon as possible. In relation to its fit and proper duty, it will consider all relevant new evidence, including the outcome of these investigations and the future conduct of the licensee.
- » 14 Killed In Suicide Attack At Kabul Airport As Vice President Arrives
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble