Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.
The whole route of the Hemus highway can be completed by 2025, says Minister of Regional Development and Public Works Nikolay Nankov.
The route of Hemus highway is part of the European road network from the connection with Corridor IV to the west to Corridor IX near Veliko Tarnovo.
It is intended to connect the eastern and western parts of Bulgaria with the Trans-European Road Network.
The overall construction of Hemus Motorway will accelerate the process of economic and social cohesion at the regional level and will have a positive impact on business and job creation.
The total population that will benefit from the improved infrastructure is about 2.9 million people on an area of almost 44% of the territory of the country, says Regional Minister Nikolay Nankov.
Hemus will also provide a connection with Varna port, which is key to trade with Ukraine, Russia and Turkey. The total length of the Hemus Motorway (A2) is about 420 km.
- » Heavy Traffic from Serbia to Bulgaria via Kalotina
- » Soon 13 New Trams will be Delivered in Sofia
- » Soon Starts the Construction of an Underpass at Pencho Slaveykov Blvd in Sofia
- » New service: Sofia Residents can Buy a Ticket for Underground and Public transport via Phone
- » Drinking Water in Sofia is Among the Best in Europe
- » Municipality of Stamboliyski Launches Free Public Transport