Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.
The whole route of the Hemus highway can be completed by 2025, says Minister of Regional Development and Public Works Nikolay Nankov.
The route of Hemus highway is part of the European road network from the connection with Corridor IV to the west to Corridor IX near Veliko Tarnovo.
It is intended to connect the eastern and western parts of Bulgaria with the Trans-European Road Network.
The overall construction of Hemus Motorway will accelerate the process of economic and social cohesion at the regional level and will have a positive impact on business and job creation.
The total population that will benefit from the improved infrastructure is about 2.9 million people on an area of almost 44% of the territory of the country, says Regional Minister Nikolay Nankov.
Hemus will also provide a connection with Varna port, which is key to trade with Ukraine, Russia and Turkey. The total length of the Hemus Motorway (A2) is about 420 km.
- » Bulgarian President Vetoes Part of Amendments to State Property Act
- » The Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Launches Public Tender for Technical Projects for Road Works of 111 km
- » AFP: Bulgaria Urged to Save Communist-era Architectural 'Masterpiece' Buzludzha
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting