Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
Alexander Zverev and Grigor Dimitrov both recovered from slow starts to book their places in the third round of the Monte Carlo Masters on Tuesday.
Third seed Zverev was a set down against Giles Muller before recovering strongly in the second and third sets for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory.
Outside of a bad patch at the end of the first set where he got broken twice, Zverev had the measure of his opponent, and was the deserved winner in the end.
Likewise, fourth seed Dimitrov found himself in a hole against local favourite Pierre-Hugues Herbert, but also managed to turn the tables to clinch a 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 win.
Like Zverev, he was broken twice in the first set before managing to gain the upper hand and coast to a fairly comfortable victory against Andrey Rublev.
Also in action was Belgian sixth seed David Goffin, who defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas 7-6 (7-4), 7-5, and Austrian fifth seed Dominic Thiem, another player who took his time to get going before going on to seal a 5-7, 7-5, 7-5 victory.
Other winners on the day included Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano Lopez, Fabio Fognini, Richard Gasquet and Phillip Kohlschreiber.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing