US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
Barbara Bush, the former First Lady married to George H.W. Bush, has died today.
The Office of George H. W. Bush confirmed her death on Tuesday, saying in a statement, “A former First Lady of the United States of America and relentless proponent of family literacy, Barbara Pierce Bush passed away Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at the age of 92.
“She is survived by her husband of 73 years, President George H. W. Bush; five children and their spouses, 17 grandchildren, seven great grandchildren; and her brother Scott Pierce. She was preceded in death by her second child, Pauline 'Robin' Bush, and her siblings Martha Rafferty and James R. Pierce.”
The wife of the 41st President and the parent of the 43rd, Barbara remained a fixture in White House politics for decades, starting with her role as Second Lady during the 1980s under the Reagan administration. She worked tirelessly to promote the cause of universal literacy and parented six children with her husband of more than seven decades, including President George W. Bush. She leaves behind a legacy as the sharp-witted matriarch of one of Washington's most formidable families after dealing with extended illness in the last years of her life.
- » Stephen Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, Dead at 90
- » The Head of the Chinese Company, which Won the Concession of Plovdiv Airport, has Passed Away
- » The Popular Bulgarian Historian Professor Bozhidar Dimitrov has Passed Away
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86