The Prosecutor's Office will Explain the Arrest of Mladost District Mayor
Today the prosecutor's office will give details of the detention of the mayor of the Sofia district Mladost, Desislava Ivancheva and her deputy Biliana Petrova.
The arrest was held yesterday at noon on Vasil Levski Blvd in front of the Ministry of Sport. Ivancheva was handcuffed for hours in front of the sports hall, and then her interrogation lasted for hours in the sports department. According to initial information 56,000 euros were found in the mayor's car. This was the first installment of 250,000 euros requested for building permits.
Attorney General Prosecutor Rumyana Arnaudova said yesterday that the investigation is being carried out jointly with the Commission for Counteracting Corruption and for Removal of Unlawfully Acquired Property. The head of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office Ivan Geshev refused to comment on the case on the grounds that he would hinder the investigation.
Ivancheva was elected mayor of Mladost at the end of 2016, when she surprisingly won the runoff against GERB candidate Maria Ilieva.
- » Sofia's District Heating Company Says the Network is Ready for Winter
- » Sofia Hosts Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- » Old Car Tax Increase was Adopted at First Reading in Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria is the most Competitive Economy in the Balkans
- » The Bulgarian Government Approved the Draft Disability Act
- » NFSB will Seek the Resignation of Volen Siderov as Chair of United Patriots’ PG