The Prosecutor's Office will Explain the Arrest of Mladost District Mayor
Today the prosecutor's office will give details of the detention of the mayor of the Sofia district Mladost, Desislava Ivancheva and her deputy Biliana Petrova.
The arrest was held yesterday at noon on Vasil Levski Blvd in front of the Ministry of Sport. Ivancheva was handcuffed for hours in front of the sports hall, and then her interrogation lasted for hours in the sports department. According to initial information 56,000 euros were found in the mayor's car. This was the first installment of 250,000 euros requested for building permits.
Attorney General Prosecutor Rumyana Arnaudova said yesterday that the investigation is being carried out jointly with the Commission for Counteracting Corruption and for Removal of Unlawfully Acquired Property. The head of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office Ivan Geshev refused to comment on the case on the grounds that he would hinder the investigation.
Ivancheva was elected mayor of Mladost at the end of 2016, when she surprisingly won the runoff against GERB candidate Maria Ilieva.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend