Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
Sunny Beach turned out to be first in the world ranking for tourist destinations that combine low prices with good quality. This is the regular study entitled "Holiday Barometer for Holiday Expenses", prepared by Post Office Travel Money. Direct competitors of Sunny Beach are the Mediterranean resorts Algarve and Costa del Sol.
The new "barometer" for 2018 compares 42 resorts and cities from all continents at prices for everyday commodities - from food and beverages to beach oil and insect repellents. Rankings include places like Corfu, Marmaris, Sorrento, Cancun, Bali, Costa del Sol, Rio de Janeiro, and so on.
The survey shows that for the same "package" tourists will pay only 38 pounds in our beach resort, and in Nice, France, they will have to prepare a record 106 pounds. The package includes a bottle of water, a cup of coffee, local beer, a coke, a glass of wine, a sunscreen, an insect repellent, a lunch for two in a non-alcoholic restaurant, and a three-course dinner plus wine.
"In Sunny Beach", famous for its alcoholic tourism, the prices of alcohol are expected to be the lowest. A bottle of beer, for example, is on average 0.73 pounds while in Nice is over 4 pounds. A cup of coffee is also 0.73 pounds in Sunny Beach, but here the Portuguese Algarve is No. 1 with a price of 0.64. Bulgaria's wine is also with record low prices, as well as mineral water and restaurant dishes.
For a bottle of quality wine at a resort in Sunny Beach, the price is 29 pounds, while in Sorrento and Nice tourists would pay 2-2.5 times more. Tube sunscreen is only 2.50, and Paphos, Corfu and Sorrento the cost is 7-9 pounds.
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Foreign Tourist Arrivals Grows 9.7% in the First Half of 2018
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: For this Summer Season we Expect Growth of 5%
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 6.5% y/y
- » Over 3.6 Million Tourists in Bulgaria in just Six Months
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We Make a Commitment to Tighten Requirements for Tour Operators
- » Veliko Tarnovo: Over 203,000 Tourists Visit Local Museums in the First 6 Months of the Year