There are Two Guards at every Kilometer of the Bulgarian Border
At a total length of more than 2 000 km of Bulgaria border, border police officers are over 5200 - ie. for every kilometer there are two guards (this does not include the Black Sea border). This shows data of the Ministry of Interior, provided to "Dnevnik" in response to an application for access to public information.
From the report provided to Dnevnik, it appears that most police officers with investigative functions are included in the Regional Directorate of Border Police - Airports. There are a total of 480 people (out of a total of 520 with such functions).
At the end of March, at Sofia Airport, over 40 people from Paris to Sofia were allowed to pass without mandatory border and passport check. This happened after all border police officers left the checkpoints. The Interior Ministry removed 13 people and started a disciplinary investigation against them.
- » The EU Allocates More than Half a Billion Euros for Defense Projects
- » US Secret Service will Train Bulgarian Teams
- » BOMB SIGNAL: Authorities Evacuated the Bus Station And the Train Station in Sofia
- » AFTER THE TERRORIST ATTACK IN NEW ZEALAND: Is There a Threat to Our National Security?
- » Bulgaria is Spending 1.43% of GDP on Defense
- » Bulgaria is Expected to Get the First Two F-16 Fighters Up to 4 Years