'Desperate Housewives' Actress Eva Longoria Gets Hollywood Star
There were laughs and tears on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday as actress Eva Longoria was honored with a star, reported Reuters.
Friends and family were on hand to fete the 43-year-old, including pop star Ricky Martin, actress Anna Faris, and Felicity Huffman, who played alongside Longoria for eight seasons in the TV drama “Desperate Housewives”.
“As a woman and as a Latina, I represent a lot of communities, and I want to tell all those communities that this isn’t my star, this is our star.”
Getting her start in soap operas “The Young and The Restless” and “General Hospital”, Longoria gained fame and a Golden Globe nomination, and won Screen Actors Guild awards for playing one of the four leading roles in “Desperate Housewives”.
Longoria’s third husband Jose Antonio Baston, with whom she is expecting her first child, also attended the event.
Monday’s ceremony coincided with the release of Longoria’s latest film “Overboard”, which co-stars Faris and Mexican actor Eugenio Derbez, and tells the story of a yacht owner who suffers amnesia after falling overboard. It is a remake of the 1987 film of the same name.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Classic Games to Rediscover Online
- » 4 Signs Of Identifying Credible Online Sportsbooks
- » Online Casino vs Traditional Casino - The Battle of Popularity
- » How to Successfully and Wisely Utilise Twitter
- » Bitcoin Casinos – A New Online Gambling Movement
- » Gamble Down Under - Most Interesting Statistics On Gambling In Australia