Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
SAN SALVADOR: A Salvadoran journalist reported missing Sunday has been found dead on the side of a road, according to media reports.
According to media reports, the body of Karla Turcios, 33, was found on a highway on the outskirts of Santa Rosa Guachipilin, 100 kilometres northeast of San Salvador.
“Journalist Karla Turcios was murdered,” the newspaper La Prensa Grafica — a sister title of El Economista magazine, where the mother-of-one worked — tweeted.
A source from the Salvadoran public prosecutor’s office told AFP the body of an apparently strangled woman was found on a highway in the Santa Rosa Guachipilin area — but there were no identifying documents available and the body was transferred for forensic analysis.
La Prensa Grafica said Turcios’ husband identified her body by her clothes and a scar.
“We sympathize with your family in these hard times,” the newspaper wrote on Twitter, sharing a photograph of Turcios.
Turcios had been reported as missing by her family and the newspaper earlier on Sunday.
- » Billion Dollar Business: Illegal Puppies Trade from Eastern Europe
- » € 2 Million Worth of Valuables Were Stolen from the Vaux-le-Vicomte Chateau in France
- » Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey