Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
SAN SALVADOR: A Salvadoran journalist reported missing Sunday has been found dead on the side of a road, according to media reports.
According to media reports, the body of Karla Turcios, 33, was found on a highway on the outskirts of Santa Rosa Guachipilin, 100 kilometres northeast of San Salvador.
“Journalist Karla Turcios was murdered,” the newspaper La Prensa Grafica — a sister title of El Economista magazine, where the mother-of-one worked — tweeted.
A source from the Salvadoran public prosecutor’s office told AFP the body of an apparently strangled woman was found on a highway in the Santa Rosa Guachipilin area — but there were no identifying documents available and the body was transferred for forensic analysis.
La Prensa Grafica said Turcios’ husband identified her body by her clothes and a scar.
“We sympathize with your family in these hard times,” the newspaper wrote on Twitter, sharing a photograph of Turcios.
Turcios had been reported as missing by her family and the newspaper earlier on Sunday.
- » 10 People Arrested in Sofia for Drug Distribution
- » Nearly 100 kg of Heroin for BGN 3.6 Million Were Seized at the Danube Bridge Border Checkpoint
- » 11 Injured in a Shootout in Edirne
- » 18 People Were Killed and Dozens Were Injured in a Bomb Blast in Syrian City
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul
- » More than a Tonne of Cocaine Was Found in a Banana Container in Italy