Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
SAN SALVADOR: A Salvadoran journalist reported missing Sunday has been found dead on the side of a road, according to media reports.
According to media reports, the body of Karla Turcios, 33, was found on a highway on the outskirts of Santa Rosa Guachipilin, 100 kilometres northeast of San Salvador.
“Journalist Karla Turcios was murdered,” the newspaper La Prensa Grafica — a sister title of El Economista magazine, where the mother-of-one worked — tweeted.
A source from the Salvadoran public prosecutor’s office told AFP the body of an apparently strangled woman was found on a highway in the Santa Rosa Guachipilin area — but there were no identifying documents available and the body was transferred for forensic analysis.
La Prensa Grafica said Turcios’ husband identified her body by her clothes and a scar.
“We sympathize with your family in these hard times,” the newspaper wrote on Twitter, sharing a photograph of Turcios.
Turcios had been reported as missing by her family and the newspaper earlier on Sunday.
- » 2 Bulgarians Referred to Prosecutors over Hiroshima Peace Park Football Graffiti
- » Mobile Customs Teams in Bulgaria Seize over 51 Tonnes of illicit Fuel within a Week
- » Bulgarian Police Shuts Down High-tech illegal Cannabis Production Facility
- » Woman was Found Murdered in an Apartment in Gorna Oryahovitsa
- » Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Deadly Melbourne Attack
- » Melbourne Bourke Street Incident: Police Confirm Assailant Dead After 'Terror' Attack