Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
SAN SALVADOR: A Salvadoran journalist reported missing Sunday has been found dead on the side of a road, according to media reports.
According to media reports, the body of Karla Turcios, 33, was found on a highway on the outskirts of Santa Rosa Guachipilin, 100 kilometres northeast of San Salvador.
“Journalist Karla Turcios was murdered,” the newspaper La Prensa Grafica — a sister title of El Economista magazine, where the mother-of-one worked — tweeted.
A source from the Salvadoran public prosecutor’s office told AFP the body of an apparently strangled woman was found on a highway in the Santa Rosa Guachipilin area — but there were no identifying documents available and the body was transferred for forensic analysis.
La Prensa Grafica said Turcios’ husband identified her body by her clothes and a scar.
“We sympathize with your family in these hard times,” the newspaper wrote on Twitter, sharing a photograph of Turcios.
Turcios had been reported as missing by her family and the newspaper earlier on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol
- » Light Aircraft Overloaded With Cocaine Crashed on Take-Off on its Way to Australia
- » Bulgaria: Large Drug Lab in Yambol Discovered During a Police Operation
- » Man Was Stabbed Near the National Theater