PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!
Paris Saint-Germain were crowned Ligue 1 champions on Sunday night as they beat title holders Monaco 7-1 at the Parc des Princes.
Mega-rich PSG may have experienced disappointment in Europe after exiting the Champions League at the last-16 stage to Real Madrid, but their domestic form has been superb.
Unai Emery's Parisian giants had won 27 of their 32 Ligue 1 games heading into Sunday's clash with Monaco, leaving them 14 points ahead of the Principality club with just six games to play.
PSG had also scored 96 goals in those 32 games at a incredible rate of an average of three per game, and brought up their century in just 27 minutes as they blew away Monaco.
Giovani Lo Celso got the ball rolling after 17 minutes, while Edinson Cavani added PSG's second three minutes later. It was three for Emery's men after 20 minutes as Angel Di Maria cheekily chipped in, and Lo Celso nabbed his second to put PSG four clear after just 27 minutes.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing