Bulgaria’s Minister of Tourism Predicts Good Summer Season
Bulgaria’s Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova told BNT that she expected a good summer tourist season this year, predicting a growth of tourists between 5% and 10%. She noted that the number of tourists from Russia is expected to remain the same as last year, as the geopolitical situation has an impact on the flow of tourists.
She said that the preparations for the summer season had been running since last year. Angelkova added that 90% of the four- and five-star hotels were booked at the beginning of the year, with an expected growth in the number of tourists.
The Minister of Tourism stated that Bulgaria has established its position as a desirable tourist destination. As an example she pointed to the tourists from Germany, the number of which remains the highest for second consecutive year, followed by tourists from Romania, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Serbia, Macedonia, Poland and the Czech Republic.
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv
- » The Sun: Bulgaria is the Cheapest Place for a Family Holiday – AND it Costs Less than in 2017
- » Euronews: Bulgaria, an Emerging Tourist Destination
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 27.2% y/y
- » Increasing Number of Chinese Tourists will Come to Varna