Scientists have Discovered a Second Magnetic Field on Earth in the World Ocean
Scientists have discovered a second magnetic field on Earth, which is 20,000 times weaker than the one we know existed up to now, said the European Space Agency.
The discovery was made after a 4-year observation of the magnetosphere. The second, extremely weak magnetic field found in the waters of the World Ocean is created by electrically charged particles in the water. The ions dissolved in the water are often seen in strong currents and also during tides. With the observations of the "Swarm" satellite, scientists have been able to compile a detailed three-dimensional map of the movement of the weak magnetic fields in the vast water masses of the planet.
- » President Putin Agrees to Hold a Referendum on Constitutional Changes
- » A Bus Fell off a Bridge in India, 24 People Died
- » Coronavirus Death Toll in Italy Rises to 12
- » EC with Positive Assessment for Bulgaria
- » Erdogan: Turkey will Banish Syrian Government Forces by March
- » The Slovak Parliament Rejected the Istanbul Convention