Deputy PM Simeonov Suggests Partial Cancellation of the Total Ban on Smoking in Bulgaria
The NFSB nationalist party will propose a bill for a change in the Health Act to allow smoking in separate rooms, ie partially restoring the old regime.
This is what the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Demographic Policy Valeri Simeonov told BNT. He stressed that he was a fierce opponent of smoking, but now the prohibitions were not followed and people smoke even in parliament. Simeonov said he did not understand the meaning of limiting smoking in catering establishments.
"The law on smoking must meet the norms, but also the real needs of society, and if we want to cooperate with the business, such as the goal of the NFSB, tourist sites should let people to smoke and not persecute their clients, said Simeonov.
The bill will be presented to parliament after discussions in the OP group and with GERB. There will be a ban on smoking in certain public places such as theaters, halls, and so on.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor