Turkey has Issued Arrest Warrants for 70 Gulenists in the Military
The Turkish prosecutor's office has issued arrest warrants for 70 soldiers because of suspicion of ties with the Muslim preacher Fatullah Gullen, a Muslim preacher in the US, wrote Milliyet. In the course of their search, the police carried out operations simultaneously in 34 Turkish counties.
The investigation is entrusted to prosecutors in the central district of Konya. It was launched on the basis of testimony by soldiers who had been arrested earlier, also because of suspicion of ties with preacher Gülen who the Ankara authorities accused of standing behind the failed coup attempt of July 2016. Since then, over 50,000 people have been arrested in Turkey and 150,000 people were removed from work.
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
- » Indonesian Villagers Kill nearly 300 Crocodiles in Revenge Attack
- » Former UK Minister Calls for Second Vote on Brexit to End Stalemate
- » US Charges 29-year-old Russian Woman with Acting as Kremlin Agent
- » Communist-run Cuba Starts Rolling out Internet on Mobile Phones
- » Italy Accepted a Ship with Hundreds of Immigrants