By the End of 2018 the Population of Bulgaria will Be below 7 Million People
There are worrying trends related to the demographic crisis in Bulgaria. The forecasts are that at the end of this year the population of Bulgaria will be under 7 million people. For the last time since the 1940s, according to data from a survey of the National Statistical Institute. In the last year, the population has declined by 51 thousand.
More women live in our country than men. For every 1000 men there are 1060 women. The aging process continues. People over the age of 65 predominate in the districts of Vidin, Gabrovo, Kyustendil and Lovech. Most young people live in the districts of Sofia and Varna.
Negative growth is also seen in birth rates. Last year, nearly 64,000 babies were born, a thousand less than in 2016. Most newborns are in the districts of Sofia, Stara Zagora, Plovdiv and Sliven. The least are in Gabrovo and Vidin. In parallel to the decrease in the birth rate in Bulgaria, mortality is increasing, with higher mortality among men.
- » Hockney Painting Breaks Auction Record For Living Artist
- » Cloudy Skies Today, Snow and Rain in Some Areas
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Tolerance
- » Snow and Icy Roads in the High Parts of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ministry of Education Starts to Train Religious Education Teachers
- » Hockney Sells for USD 90 Million, Sets Living Artist Record