Card Payments in Bulgaria have Increased by 44% over Three Years
Bank card payments have increased by 44% between 2014 and 2016, and their value has increased by 38%, BNB Deputy Governor Nina Stoyanova said at a forum on financial sector digitization.
According to Stoyanova, the number and value of card payments made via the POS terminal has increased by more than 20%.
BNB data also show that in 2016 over 50% of credit transfer orders were made electronically by users, which represents two thirds of the total value of all credit transfers.
- » In October 2018, Total Consumer Confidence Indicator Decreased by 3.2% Compared to July
- » Bulgaria Expects Budget Surplus of 2.6 % of GDP as of End-October
- » Euro Area Annual Inflation Up to 2.2%
- » Producing Bitcoin Currency Could Void Climate Change Efforts
- » Bulgarian Pensions to Increase by 5.7% From 1 July 2019
- » Bulgaria’s Debt for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,908 Million, or 25.6% of GDP