Card Payments in Bulgaria have Increased by 44% over Three Years
Bank card payments have increased by 44% between 2014 and 2016, and their value has increased by 38%, BNB Deputy Governor Nina Stoyanova said at a forum on financial sector digitization.
According to Stoyanova, the number and value of card payments made via the POS terminal has increased by more than 20%.
BNB data also show that in 2016 over 50% of credit transfer orders were made electronically by users, which represents two thirds of the total value of all credit transfers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kristalina Georgieva: Omicron could Slow Down the Pace of Global Economic Recovery
- » Bulgarian Minister of Finance: This year's Budget may End with even a small Surplus
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Protests in Turkey over the Collapse of the Turkish Currency
- » 67% of Bulgarians have taken an Average of One and a Half Loans in 2021