Card Payments in Bulgaria have Increased by 44% over Three Years
Bank card payments have increased by 44% between 2014 and 2016, and their value has increased by 38%, BNB Deputy Governor Nina Stoyanova said at a forum on financial sector digitization.
According to Stoyanova, the number and value of card payments made via the POS terminal has increased by more than 20%.
BNB data also show that in 2016 over 50% of credit transfer orders were made electronically by users, which represents two thirds of the total value of all credit transfers.
- » First Crypto ATM Machines to be Launched in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is Again Among the Leaders in Low Debt in the EU
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey