Card Payments in Bulgaria have Increased by 44% over Three Years
Bank card payments have increased by 44% between 2014 and 2016, and their value has increased by 38%, BNB Deputy Governor Nina Stoyanova said at a forum on financial sector digitization.
According to Stoyanova, the number and value of card payments made via the POS terminal has increased by more than 20%.
BNB data also show that in 2016 over 50% of credit transfer orders were made electronically by users, which represents two thirds of the total value of all credit transfers.
- » Croatia Introduces the Euro by the End of the Next Government's Term
- » Portugal Raises the Minimum Wage to EUR 635
- » Record: Bulgarians Abroad Have Sent over 1 Billion in the Country
- » The State Budget for 2020 Was Approved at First Reading
- » The Average Salary Increased to BGN 1,266 in September
- » Bulgaria's EU Funding Won't Be Reduced in the Next 7-Year Programming Period