Bulgaria Will Create a New Disaster Management System
Bulgaria will set the topic for the creation of a new European disaster management system at the Summit in June. This was announced by Interior Minister Valentin Radev after a meeting with Prime Minister Boyko Borissov and the EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis ManagementChristos Stylianides.
According to the EU, Member States lost 10 billion euros from natural disasters and crises in 2016, and 200 people died in fires and floods in 2017.
Christos Stylianidis - EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management: With this new plan, we want to enhance the EU's disaster response capacity in general. With the new rescEU mechanism, our intention is for Member States to have the right to use their capabilities to deal with these situations. We have also set up funds to help countries. It will contribute to the overall strengthening and improvement of the European safety net.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov: We Will Seek a Fair Update of Pensions, Third Month in a Row All 2.1 Million Pensioners Will Receive a Supplement
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures