DSB, Yes, Bulgaria and the Greens Form the Union "Democratic Bulgaria"
Today will be formed the new political group "Democratic Bulgaria", which will include "Yes, Bulgaria", "Democrats for Strong Bulgaria" (DSB) and the "Greens", Dnevnik reports.
Reunification talks have been held since last year. DSB, "Yes, Bulgaria" and the "Greens" have been working together for quite some time, taking positions on topical political issues along with the DEOS and the Agrarian Union.
Co-Presidents of Democratic Bulgaria will be the Presidents of DSB Atanas Atanasov and "Yes, Bulgaria" Hristo Ivanov. However, decisions will be made by the three parties. The goal of reunification is to grow into a coalition, which can only happen before the election, as coalitions are registered by the Central Election Commission. The union will also be open to other parties and individuals who are proven to be opposed to the current government. The future coalition is positioned at the center-right and defines itself as a democratic formation, writes "Dnevnik".
Democratic Bulgaria continues to work with the DEOS and the Agrarian Union, but the governing bodies of the two parties will have to decide whether and how they will join the unification. The DEOS party may be disbanded. On Sunday is scheduled a general meeting. Some of the members of DEOS may be joining the new union. The Agrarian Union will consult its regional and municipal organizations.
- » Seychelles President Faure Meets Honorary Consul General Maxim Behar
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: If I Urge Deputy Simeonov to Resign, the Ruling Coalition will Fall Apart
- » Romania Takes over Presidency of EU Strategy for the Danube Region from Bulgaria
- » Boyko Borisov is on Official Visit to the UAE
- » Prime Minister Borisov Participated in Asia-Europe Summit
- » Bulgarian MPs Discussed the Vote of no Confidence over Healthcare