Master of Art Film Festival Features 77 Titles from Around the World
The third edition of Master of Arts Film Festival, dedicated to the world's biggest names in world art and culture, has 77 titles from around the world. Ten productions are Bulgarian. The films will be shown from April 30th in Sofia, Plovdiv and Varna, the organizers announced.
All the titles of the program are premiere for our country. Among them are films about artists such as Bjarke Ingels, Kent Nagano, Wassily Kandinsky, Mark Chagall, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Jean Nouvel, Lev Tolstoy, Salvador Dali, Maria Callas, Mstislav Rostropovich, Michelangelo, Charlie Chaplin, Carlos Saura, Etgar Keret, Ivan Andonov, Petar Popiordanov - Chocho, Rem Koolhaas, August Strindberg, Nacho Duato, Robert Van Gulik, Antonio Segui and others.
Among the productions are the Best Documentary Award winner at Cannes Festival "Faces Places" by Agnes Varda and other films selected for the most prestigious movie festivals in Venice, Berlin, Sundance, Toronto and others.
Master of Art presents the best documentary films in the fields of music, dance and theater, fine arts, architecture, design and literature, as well as ad productions created in recent years.
This year's edition has two new categories - art for children and culinary art. The festival is held in three cities for the first time .
The screenings in Sofia are in Lumière Lidl, Odeon, the Cinema House, the Cine Grand-aPark Center, the G8 Cultural Center and Euro Cinema.
The event is organized by the National Palace of Culture, the Producer Company Spotlight, the Master of Arts Foundation and America for Bulgaria, the Culture Program of Sofia Municipality.
Tickets are 8 and 6 leva (for students and pensioners), and there is a Master Pass (at the price of four tickets) which will provide access to all screenings.
- » NEW GROUP BY WAACKING Comes To Derida Dance Center in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Production Among Selected for the First European Film Festival in Qatar
- » The Platform for New Bulgarian Short Films REVERSE ANGLE Presents Three Films About the Boundaries of Dreams
- » The Iconic Sofia Cinema CULTURE Returns at a New Address – 22 San Stefano Street.
- » See the Big Winners of the 36th Edition of the Bulgarian Film Festival “Golden Rose”
- » Bulgarian Artists illuminate Brandenburg Gate During Berlin’s Festival of Lights