April 12 – the World Aviation and Cosmonautics Day!
On April 12 the whole World celebrates an Aviation and Cosmonautics Day – a date to commemorate the first ever flight of human in space. On April 12, 1961 a citizen of the Soviet Union, first lieutenant Yuri Gagarin orbited the Erath onboard “Vostok” spacecraft for the first time in mankind history, thus opening the era of manned space missions.
Nowadays it is a special date – a day of science triumph, a day of all the people involved in aerospace industry, a day of those who remember the history of conquering the near-Earth space, those proud for achievements of our cosmonautics, those interested in prospects of space programs development.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January
- » The European Commission approved Funds for Highway "Europa" from Sofia to Kalotina
- » Day 343 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US will provide Long-Awaited Longer-Range Weapons (UPDATED)
- » Record Sales of Electric Cars in Europe for 2022
- » Chip War: US tightens Noose on China with Japan-Netherlands Deal
- » EU with Higher Solar and Wind Energy Production in 2022 than Gas