Minister for the Bulgarian Presidency: First 3 Months of Bulgarian Presidency Have Been Successful
Evaluations for the first three months of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU are very high, Minister for the Bulgarian Presidency, Liliyana Pavlova, said on 11th of April. As top event of the Bulgarian presidency, she pointed the EU-Western Balkans meeting scheduled to take place in May. The goal of our country is to adopt a "Declaration from Sofia" in which leaders ensure that the European perspective of the Western Balkans goes through connectivity.
The first three months of the presidency have been successful and dynamic as the dynamics of processes in Europe called for very complex debates, talks and meetings, she said.
One of the ambitions of the Bulgarian Presidency is to reach an agreement on the reform of the asylum system or the so-called Dublin regulation. Pavlova said she was pleased that there was progress on this issue because of the new approach proposed by Bulgaria for enhanced control of the external borders.
The aim of the Bulgarian Presidency is the integration of the Western Balkans to enter irrevocably into the EU's agenda and be guaranteed by a joint declaration.
Source: The Bulgarian National Television
- » Cohesion Policy: EU Invests in the Trams of Sofia
- » 330 Meetings and Conferences Held in Bulgaria as Part of its EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria will Set up a Mechanism to Protect the Poor when the Euro is Adopted
- » EU Commissioner Gabriel on Attack Against Facebook
- » PM: Decision on Hungary Taken at Government Operative Meeting has no Legal Value but has Moral Significance
- » Bulgaria Stands Behind Hungary and Against Brussels