Sofia Municipality is Spraying Against Ticks and Mosquitoes
The treatment of Sofia parks against ticks and mosquitoes has began. There are nine teams working this morning as early as 5 am.
Easier accessible areas are handled with specially marked cars, and the ones more difficult to access - manually.
The treatment of the lawns started yesterday - in the South Park, Lozenets and in the. Lyulin, as well as in Novi Iskar. Today the teams are in the Borisova garden and Bankya and Pancharevo districts.
Information plates with data on the preparation used and the quarantine period are placed on the already processed places.
The preparations are authorized by the Ministry of Health and the treatment is in line with the visits to the parks and gardens - they start early in the morning and end at about 10 am, assured Caesarina Ilieva - Ch. expert at RZI - Sofia. It urges citizens to comply with the information signs.
Ilieva pointed out that a second week of treatment against mosquito larvae in the permanent water basins is being carried out.
She urged pet owners to checck them regularly and, if they find ticks, to remove them timely because every tick can bring up to 14,000 eggs. Prevention is very important, added Ilieva.
The expert recalled that it was best to remove the ticks by medical staff.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Will Patrol Small Towns and Villages Hunting Drunk Drivers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny
- » Bulgaria Recovers after Disastrous Floods
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Temperatures Keep Falling, Occasional Snowfalls
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: We Don’t Spend Money on Tanks and Aircraft Only, We Also Build Education Infrastructure
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Stop But Freezing Cold Is Coming