More Than Half a Million Passengers Passed Through Sofia Airport in March
In the third month of 2018, Sofia Airport has served over half a million passengers (556,088), an increase of 7.8% compared to the same month of the previous year.
67% of passengers traveled through Terminal 2, and the remaining 37% via Terminal 1, reported from Sofia Airport.
Passenger traffic on international regular services grew by 5.2%. Among the reasons for this are both newly discovered destinations and increased flight frequencies on a number of routes from the start of the summer schedule (March 25, 2018). New lines to Ljubljana, Nice and Paphos were opened during the last week of March and the flight frequencies to Athens, Doha, Lisbon, Malaga and Frankfurt were increased.
After the entry of a second carrier on the line Sofia - Varna from the end of March 2017 there is a constant growth of the passengers on domestic lines. In the past month there was an increase of 62% for passengers: 24 thousand in March 2018, compared to nearly 15 thousand in the same month of 2017.
The number of international charter flights increased by 47%. Last month, the most attractive were trips to Cairo and Hurghada in Egypt, as well as the Israeli town of Tel Aviv.
In March 2018, 4 781 planes were landed at the airport in Sofia, an increase of 2.5% compared to the same month in 2017.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?