Sofia Will Be Without Free Parking in the City Center
Sofia will be without free parking in the city center. The only non-pay zone around the National Stadium "Vasil Levski" will be closed soon and fees will be introduced. The decision was taken at a meeting of the Sofia Municipal Council.
''The place is full of cars, we have to limit this indiscriminate parking. We need to provide a normal movement to the park.'' This is what commented on "The day begins" Nikolay Stoynev, importer of the proposal.
''There will be no more than 100 parking spaces. There will be a barrier, a self-extinguishing device, security, video surveillance. The fees will be competitive, but will not be determined, taking into consideration the parking areas'', said the municipal councilor from GERB.
''We have invested heavily in the development of urban transport'', Stoynev commented, saying that people should use it as an alternative.
- » Sofia's Electronic Ticket System in Public Transport will Cost over BGN 73 Million
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
- » BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
- » CPC Stops the Deal for "Nova Broadcasting Group"