Government Pulled out Proposed Changes to Disability Assessment Rules
The government pulled out proposed changes to the rules for disability assessment on 10th of April. The decision was announced by Bulgaria’s Health Minister Kiril Ananiev following a meeting with Prime Minister Boyko Borissov in the presence of Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev, Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov and Social Minister Bisser Petkov.
The reason for the withdrawal of the changes is the reaction of the organizations of people with disabilities who said they were planning large-scale protests against the intended reform of the disability assessment system.
Despite the withdrawn draft Ordeinance, there will be a protest on 11th of April. According to Health Minister Kiril Ananiev, the changes to the Ordinance are proposed by the medical community. The aim is not to harm the rights of people with disabilities, but to increase control and create better access conditions. Following the organizations' response, the ministry of health proposed a meeting but because of the planned protest, the meeting betweeen the organizations and the ministry will be held on Friday.
The Ordinance will not be submitted until full unanimity is reached. One of the proposals that did not meet the approval of the organizations of the disabled people was that for people with more than one disease, the new system envisages that only one lead health condition will be included in the disability assessment.
Source: The Bulgarian National Television
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Finance Minister Goranov: The Government Is Not Considering Resigning
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Fifth Day in a Row Bulgarians Demand on the Government and Prosecutor's Resignation
- » Democratic Bulgaria, Hristo Ivanov: There Must Be Early Elections, People Are Ready For Them
- » Forth Day in a Row: Protests in Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv, Burgas; A Girl Climbed the Former Party House in Sofia
- » Extraordinary Address of Bulgaria's PM Borissov: We Remain in Power! The Opposition Will Break the State!
- » Bulgarian PM: The Guards of Dogan and Peevski Must be Removed