Informal Meeting of Environment Council (ENVI) - Day I
The informal meeting of EU Environment Ministers will be held in Sofia on 10 and 11 April 2018 at the National Palace of Culture.
The informal meeting will focus on three important issues:
- ambient air quality,
- better regulation and
- climate change.
During the first day of the meeting the discussions will be focused on the protection of human health and the environment and on possible solutions that would improve ambient air quality. Air pollution is a serious environmental and social issue which poses many challenges related to the management and mitigation of the impact from harmful pollutants. This is an issue which needs to be addressed, as all individual EU Member States, as well as the EU as a whole, are facing it.
The next session will be dedicated to finding better solutions for better implementation of the EU environment legislation. The ministers will discuss three main topics: the existing tools for capacity building among which the Peer-to-Peer tool for exchange of good practices among Member States; cross-sectoral cooperation with a focus on the Clean Air Dialogues and the EIR country dialogues; and, last but not least, streamlining reporting obligations and reducing administrative burden. The discussion will specifically stress the need for more coherence between sectoral legislation.
Press conference live here at 14:30 CET.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov