Floyd Mayweather Bodyguard Shot in Drive-by outside Atlanta Hotel
A bodyguard for boxer Floyd Mayweather is recovering at an Atlanta hospital after a drive-by shooting early Monday outside a hotel.
Atlanta police say three vehicles carrying members of Mayweather's party were returning from a club to a hotel in the upscale Buckhead area around 3 a.m. when they were hit with gunfire.
According to a police department press release it appears this "was not a random shooting and the shooter was targeting the victim’s vehicle."
Gregory LaRosa, who told police he is a bodyguard for Mayweather, was discharged from Grady Hospital in Atlanta at 5:30 a.m. after treatment for a gunshot wound to the leg.
"We do believe that Mr. Mayweather was in one of the additional SUVs. He was not in the vehicle that received fire though," police spokesman D.T. Hannah II said in a press conference on Monday.
There was no evidence gunfire was exchanged.
According to CNN, Mayweather and his entourage had been spotted earlier in a club not far from Buckhead. Both Mayweather's and the club's social media accounts promoted his appearance there earlier in the day.
- » A Spanish Air Force Plane Crashed into the Sea
- » Fire in Liberian School Killed 26 Children
- » Seventh Casualty of the Floods in Spain
- » Cruise Ship Overturned near Senegal, Six People Were Killed
- » An Explosion in a Russian Lab that Stores Deadly Viruses Like Smallpox, HIV and Ebola
- » Passenger Train Derails in Hong Kong during a Rush Hour, There Are Injured