Several Dead in Germany as Van Ploughs into Crowd in Muenster
Several people have been been killed in the city of Muenster, in western Germany after a van drove into pedestrians.
The driver of the vehicle has killed himself, police said.
About 30 people are reported injured in the incident, which occurred near the Kiepenkerl statue in the old town.
Police asked people to avoid the city centre while they respond to the incident.
In December 2016, a lorry ploughed into a crowd at at Christmas market in the German capital, Berlin, killing 12 people.
There is a restaurant located in the vicinity of the Kiepenkerl statue and photographs posted on social media showed tables and chairs strewn at the scene./BBC
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District