S. Korea Ex-president Park Jailed for 24 Years over Corruption Scandal
, SEOUL, South Korea, Apr 6 – South Korea’s disgraced former president Park Geun-hye was jailed for 24 years Friday for corruption, closing out a dramatic fall from grace for the country’s first woman leader who became a figure of public fury and ridicule.
She was found guilty on charges of bribery, coercion and abuse of power, and ordered to pay a fine of 18 billion won ($17 million).
“The amount of bribery the accused received or demanded in collaboration with Choi amounts to more than 23 billion won,” Judge Kim Se-Yoon said, referring to Park’s secret confidante and long-time friend Choi Soon-sil.
“I sentence the accused to 24 years in prison and 18 billion won in fines.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » What are the Anti-Crisis Measures announced by the Bulgarian Government
- » Netherlands PM Mark Rutte is will Visit Bulgaria Today
- » Survey: If Bulgaria had Elections Today – GERB would Lead, Lack of Support for the Ruling Coalition
- » Bulgaria’s Deputy PM: Even with 300,000 Refugees, EU Money will Cover the Costs
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » American Planes will be Involved in the Protection of the Bulgarian Sky